cool simple little puzzle game that need to get used to the scheme of control.Like it so far would love to have a windows built to keep it on my usb stick.
Made for #7DBL Jam using Pico-8.
SQUIBIDI is my entry to the #7DBL jam happening on itch.io where you have to design a game in the same style of Micheal Brough games. In SQUIBIDI, you play as a squid that is trying to escape from the underwater kingdom while every other sea creature is trying to stop you. You can shoot ink in the opposite direction of the movement to kill enemies or change direction or you can drift with the water to recharge your ink capacity.
- Arrows: to shoot ink and change direction
- X or Z: to drift with the water current and recharge your ink
- Try not to hit anything as ram into object cause 1 damage to you, only do it when necessary (you can kill enemies by doing that)
- Killing enemies recharge your ink to the fullist so plan it well
- The barncle that block the exit is destroyed automatically when you kill all the enemies but you can destroy it by shooting 3 ink balls
- Enemies with more than 1 health get frozen for one frame when they are hit
- You gain 1 health back when you advance to the next room
I know it is not much and might have some bugs but I hope you will enjoy it :)
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
the shoot / drift thing is really nice feeling, kinda like an airplane or something. I appreciate movement feel like that in turn based games. The puzzles were really good too! great job.
The movement puzzles in this are very cool – reminded me of Snakebird. I found it tricky to remember the controls (kept shooting ink when I meant to drift), but I had fun (got to level 20).
Thanks :) Yeah, I sometimes do that accident. You were almost there to level 25 :) The last level :)
I loved this game, great concept and execution ! I didn't understood that rooms were generated proceduraly before looking at the comments below. I think the feedback when you hit a wall isn't explicit enough.
Great entry, congratulations !
Thank you :) I tried to make half a move with red blood to show that you take damage when you hit walls.
oooh really liked the way this one controlled. It felt mostly puzzley, but a bit like a roguelike (a Brough staple imo). Cool art!
this is great--really clever movement scheme, with drifting vs turning/attacking
Nice work. How many rooms are there? I made it to room 10
It is suppose to be infinite :) but I am going to change it to 25 as it feels better to limit it :) Thanks for the suggestion :)