Berry The Scientist
Berry The Scientist is alternative version of my entry to #ProcJam "Terry The Skeleton" that I submitted couple of days ago. The idea was suggested by @dw817 and @mtrc. In Berry, the player can move up to three moves before the enemies can move. The goal is to see how fast you can finish the game in number of enemy steps. I hope it make you smile while playing :)
- Arrows: to move/dash around based on the movement type
- X or Z: to change the movement type between normal movement (1 tile move) or dashing (tile it reach a wall)
- Player can do three actions before enemies react.
- You can kill enemies by walking in them during your turn.
- The game follows the following sequence: player turn, enemies attack, then enemies move.
- The highlighted tiles are tiles that you should stay away during the enemies attack turn as they signify where the enemies will strike.
- Always pay attention where will you land after you final action.
- The rotating stars shows where the player will land if they took that action, if a certain direction doesn't have a star then it means you can't move in that direction but sometimes you can attack if you are beside the enemy.
- Pay attention to the player eye color as it determine the type of movement (beside the rotating stars).
- Each enemy type have an easy movement patterns and a clear attack area so try to learn them when they first appear.
- Kill all the enemies so you can proceed to the next room.
- You gain 1 health when you advance to the next level.
- I know it is not much and might have some bugs but I hope you will enjoy it :)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.